COVID-19 Operations Center
We want to thank you for your patience and support as we navigate the complexities of our Nation’s Covid-19 response. We remain committed to our role as an essential service provider for pet retailers and pet parents across the country. We want to assure you that we will continue to serve the industry as long as we can provide for the safety of our associates and the local jurisdictions support our status as an essential supply chain for food distribution.
In an effort to centralize information pertinent to our business together, we have created this Operations Update Center with links to industry resources and to serve as a repository for operational steps we are taking to navigate Covid-19.
We are confident that by standing together we will navigate the challenges ahead. We appreciate your continued partnership, trust and support.
The Pinogy Corporation has developed a State by State COVID-19 Restrictions Tracking Document detailing the actions states are taking and whether the pet industry has been deemed exempt. It is crowd maitained and includes all information they have up to date....
Live tracker that display’s Covid-19 cases by locale.
Offering information on how to protect yourself and what to do if you are sick.
News and updates on the impacts and developments related to the pandemic.
The Pet Industry Distributors Association or PIDA, has put together an informative page that gives a collection of resources pertaining to Covid-19 and the pet industry. The content below is a snapshot of the page as of 3/23/2020. Please click on the following link to...
A critical part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s mission is safeguarding the human and animal food supply, helping to ensure that our food is not contaminated at any point during its journey along the supply chain. COVID-19 is a new frontier for all of us as...
To Our Valued Partners, We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we all adjust to the circumstances the COVID-19 pandemic has levied on our society. Since the effects of the pandemic have hit, we’ve focused our efforts on understanding it’s...
Where can I learn about Covid-19 Phillips business updates?
Are you still accepting orders and fulfilling deliveries?
Yes. We will continue to serve the industry as long as we can provide for the safety of our associates and the local jurisdictions support our status as an essential supply chain for food distribution. However, deliveries are drop off only. Product will be placed inside the entrance or designated delivery point without blocking means of egress. Our drivers will not pass the designated delivery point, touch any furniture or fixtures in the store, or stock store shelves.
Will quantities of products be limited when I order?
Phillips is regularly reviewing selling patterns and inventory availability across customers, items and categories. If customer purchasing patterns are significantly higher than normal, we may allocate products to ensure an equitable distribution of product for all customers.
Could there be a delay in processing my order?
Unfortunately yes. Due to the increased order volume, entry and processing of orders may be delayed.
Could there be a delay in my delivery?
Due to the increased volume of orders, some of our distribution centers are operating on a one day delay. If you have any questions, please contact your Sales Representative or call our Customer Experience Department at 1.800.451.2817.
What safety precautions have been implemented for deliveries?
Yes the following precautions have been implemented:
- All deliveries are drop off only. Product will be placed inside the entrance or designated delivery point without blocking means of egress. Our drivers will not enter the store, touch any furniture or fixtures in the store, or stock store shelves.
- If store personnel are not available at the time of delivery (due to store hour changes or otherwise), the driver will continue on their route and return any undelivered product to the warehouse.
- We have discontinued use of electronic signatures.
- Our Drivers have been instructed whenever possible to maintain 6 feet of distance at all times. This is in order to protect everyone.
Can I pay my driver with a check?
We understand the concerns surrounding Covid-19 and want to do our best to ensure everyone’s safety. Phillip’s drivers will continue to accept customer checks, although our preferred method of payment at this time is via electronic methods. We can accept payment via Credit Card, Check by Phone, Wire and/or ACH. A store would contact their AR Representative to arrange an electronic payment. There are no additional fees incurred for check by phone or credit card payments.
Can I return products if my store is overstocked?
Saleable product will NOT be accepted for return effective 3.17.2020 until further notice. In case of incorrect delivery or damaged product, please notify our Customer Experience Team within 48 hrs to receive return authorization. During this time of increased demand we highly recommend that your orders are carefully reviewed before submission.
Are Customer Service Representatives still available by phone and email?
Yes, we are open and operating as normal. Our Customer Experience Team can be reached at 1.800.451.2817.
Are Phillips Sales Representatives still conducting in-store visits?
Until further notice all sales contacts will be done virtually. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of both our teammates and retail partners.
Will there be changes to upcoming events?
As we continue to face federal, state and local requirements for shelter-in-place and as we have seen the travel and hospitality industries either cease or seriously restrict travel we have made the decision to cancel our National Buying Show, originally scheduled for May 27th & 28th in Lake Tahoe, NV. Our events schedule has been updated as necessary to keep our teammates, brand and retail partners safe. Event updates can be found on our Events page.
What is Phillips doing to protect your employees and provide a safe environment?
The health and wellbeing of our workforce is paramount. In order for Phillips to safeguard our employees we have taken an extensive proactive approach to reduce the probability of any level of infection or community spread. The following actions have been implemented in an abundance of caution to protect our employees, business, and customers.
Social Distancing Measures:
• Discontinuing use of electronic PODs
• 3rd party drivers are not permitted to use Phillips facilities
• Management hand-offs/meetings shall be conducted online
• Implemented a 30-min separation between shifts to avoid overlap
• Designated separate break area for office personnel
• Break tables into smaller groups, no more than 4 per table
• Pre-Shift Meetings
• Conduct separate pre-shift meetings for each functional group
• Limit group to 20 employees
• Maintain at least 6 feet distance between employees
• Established sanitation procedures for warehouse tools, equipment, etc. with standard frequency
• Sourcing new sanitation supplies to be deployed across network
• Evaluating other options to clock in/out vs. biometrics time clock, currently increasing cleaning frequency
• Evaluating need to suspend use of vending machines
• Discontinuing use of ice machines and communal coffee pots
• Evaluating needs for disinfectant foggers for large office areas