To Our Valued Partners,
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we all adjust to the circumstances the COVID-19 pandemic has levied on our society. Since the effects of the pandemic have hit, we’ve focused our efforts on understanding it’s impacts to our industry. As you may have seen, “pantry loading” drove a huge spike in demand for the month of March as consumers prepared to comply with shelter in place governance. We recognize that this spike in sales is likely a shift in consumer purchases that would have happened in April, May, and June. Over the last few weeks, we leveraged the feedback of a panel of retailers to share their anticipated trends over the next few months and all expect a reduction in foot traffic resulting in a softening of volume.
As we follow the guidance from the CDC, State and Local governments, it requires that we continuously evolve in order to provide the necessary safeguards for our employees and retail partners. As an essential industry, we will continue to serve pet parents while taking necessary actions to keep everyone safe & healthy amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result of the impacts from COVID-19, Phillips will be making the following changes to our service standards:
- FUEL DECREASE: Due to the decline in fuel prices, we will be reducing your fuel charge by $1 effective April 20, 2020
- 4-day delivery week effective April 20th (Tues-Fri)
- 2-day Order-to-Shipment lead times (Order Fri for Tues)
- Your delivery time may be adjusted weekly, however your new delivery day will remain the same
- Active Alert – Contact your Customer Experience Representative with your email address to receive notification two hours prior to your delivery
- Phillips is maintaining our delivery schedule based on our retailer’s pre-COVID 19 operating hours. If store personnel are not available to receive their delivery, orders will be returned to the warehouse and shipped common carrier (at retailer cost or shipped upon next delivery).
- New MOQ Surcharge Schedule effective for deliveries beginning on April 20th
New MOQ Schedule:
Our move to a 4-day delivery week aligns with our ongoing efforts to comply with global Social Distancing efforts by reducing interactions between drivers and your staff. Guidelines for these new policies can be found here. Below are some other Social Distancing Measures we’re taking to keep us all safe.
- Phillips Drivers will no longer accept checks upon deliveries. Click for details
- Phillips Drivers will no longer accept Frequent Buyer Coupons. Click for details
- A signature will no longer be required at the time of delivery
- Phillips will continue to not pick up any returns until further notice
We will continue to assess the changing situation and adjust accordingly. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team at 1.800.451.2817, if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your understanding as we adapt our business and adjust to impacts of COVID-19. We are confident that by standing together we will withstand the challenges ahead of us. We know these changes are not easy and are grateful for your partnership, trust and support.