Are you making the most of your distributor relationship? When you hear the word “Phillips,” you probably think about buying products. Phillips offers a wide array of food, treats and supplies at competitive prices, but the benefits of partnering with us go beyond product delivery. For more than 80 years, the core of Phillips’ business has been the independent pet retailer.
We remain committed to creating strong relationships with our customers and vendors to align our values, support supply chain success and promote the health and well-being of pets. Phillips is a great resource to independent pet retailers for industry insights, national, regional and local market information and merchandising and promotion support. As a leading distributor, Phillips can help you address changing consumer behavior and help grow your business.
What You Can Expect from Phillips
- Personal relationships. Our Sales and Customer Care team members spend time with their customers, getting to know the stores, staff, market dynamics and brand preferences. This helps us identify the brand and categories that ensure your success.
- The right product mix for your store(s). Phillips sales team helps its customers select inventory by recommending products that match the local/regional market, store size, product mix and customer demographics. We offer each customer an Intentional Assortment® of food, treats and supplies.
- Exclusive brands. Phillips offers brands and products exclusive to the independent pet channel. Some reports show that brands sold exclusively in neighborhood pet stores grew about 75 percent in the past 5 years!
- Trending and new brands. We use our company data and insight from vendors and industry experts to share what is selling, what is coming and where the industry is heading. We offer trending categories, locally relevant offerings, emerging products and driving brands that help you create a compelling store. We provide insight on trends like the humanization of pets and the premiumization of food, which are important to pet parents.
- In-Store Support:
- Merchandising expertise and hands-on help. Our Sales team assists with planograms, displays and the best use of store space. Some even help with store setups and refreshes.
- Training: Our Sales staff partner with our manufacturer reps to offer training on brands and specific products. Phillips is a member of the Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA), which offers Pet Store Pro® free online training for store owners and staff members on topics such as selling, merchandising and pet products.
- In-Store Events: Our Sales team, working in tandem with manufacturing reps, often support customers’ special event, such as grand openings or customer appreciation days.
- Logistics support: Our Sales, Customer Care and Operations teams help get products into stores in a timely fashion. They help meet fulfillment challenges regarding product availability, deliveries, billing and pricing. Plus, Phillips is investing in technologies that reduce costs and make it easier to engage with us.
- Promotional support. Our Sales and Marketing teams keep you informed of retail promotions and co-op advertising opportunities. Our Sales reps can be a liaison between a retailer and manufacturer to make sure the right products are in a store at the right time.
- Industry-leading buying shows. Phillips holds several buying shows each year that offer deals, education, networking and fun. For information on Phillips’ 2019 shows, visit our buying show web page.
- Tools to compete. Phillips offers Endless Aisles® and Endless Marketing™ to independent pet retailers so they can compete in the digital marketplace. Endless Aisles® is a solution to e-commerce for independent pet retailers that offers special ordering at the point of sale and shipments sent directly to the customer. Endless Marketing™, a digital marketing solution powered by Promoboxx, offers social media content and other digital tools.
When manufacturers, distributors and retailers support each other through innovation and change, we add value to the supply chain while meeting the needs of today’s pet parents. Talk to your Phillips’ Sales rep today about how we can work together to impact your store’s growth.